University of Jos
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of the Director of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), University of Jos
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must possess the following:
- A good First Degree in a relevant area of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Electronics Engineering
- A Masters Degree in relevant discipline
- Membership of the Computer Registration Council of Nigeria (CPN) or equivalent and any of the following Professional Bodies
- Nigerian Computer Society (NCS)
- British Computer Society (BCS)
- Professional Certifications in at least any two (2) of the following: Project Management; Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL); Data Centre Management; Cloud, Virtualization and Server Administration; Networking Professional; Information Systems Security Professional; Ethical Hacking; Solutions Expert; Software Development; CompTIA A+
- Candidates should have a minimum of twenty (20) years cognate experience in managing complex ICT projects.
- THE ROLE
The Director of ICT shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the effective implementation, operation and management of the University’s ICT infrastructure, systems and services ensuring it is ‘fit for purpose’ for the delivery of a robust and cost-effective technology solutions to meet the growing and dynamic needs of a multi-user, multi-campus, complex community. The Director will lead in the development and execution of the University’s ICT Strategy which will support and be aligned to, the University’s strategic plans and goals, meeting the requirements of the academic units, management and service departments, staff and particularly the students to ensure the University benefits from the competitive advantages that ICT has to offer. In that role, the Director of ICT will report to the Vice-Chancellor to create an effective IT driven organization that is cohesive, forward-looking, service-oriented, and keenly focused on the changing needs of the University.
The person to be appointed must demonstrate broad and in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in successfully managing complex ICT infrastructure, systems and applications. He/She must demonstrate high levels of credibility, honesty, initiative and commitment to integrity. The person will provide leadership within the ICT team and other units of the University and therefore must be able to lead, organize, supervise, motivate and work as part of a team. He/She must also demonstrate extensive and in-depth knowledge of the University system.
- CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The general conditions of service are as obtainable in the Nigerian University System, subject to continuous satisfactory performance, the appointment is for a period of five (5) years and the person may have his/her tenure extended for a further period of one (1) year and no more.
N4,058,262.40 - N5,316,520.20
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should send in their typewritten applications and Curriculum Vitae in twenty (20) copies, addressed to:
University of Jos
Jos, Plateau State
Applicants should give names of three (3) referees at least two (2) of whom should be competent enough to attest to the candidates’ professional /academic standing and character
Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential report direct to the address above.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than six weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Chief Monday M. Danjem