UNIVERSITY OF JOS, NIGERIA
INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR WORKS (CONSTRUCTION OF 500 SEATS CAPACITY LECTURE THEATRES)
UNDER THE 2013 NEEDS ASSESSMENT INTERVENTION
This is to refer to the University of Jos Advertisement placement in the Federal Tenders Journal on 5th – 18th March, 2018, Vanguard and Leadership Newspapers of Monday, 5th March, 2018 and make the following corrigendum.
- 1. Construction of Lecture Theatre with Offices – Block A
- 2. Construction of Lecture Theatre with Restaurant and Staff Lounge – Block B
- 3. Construction of Conference and Seminar Rooms with Walkways
- 4. Furnishing of Auditorium and Offices
- SCOPE OF WORKS
- Construction of Lecture Theatres reinforced with concrete raked floor attached offices, restaurant and staff lounge.
- Construction of Conference and Seminar Rooms on two floors with walkways and external works.
- Supply and installation of Auditorium and Office furnishings.
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
- Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018;
- A Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the University of Jos or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars”;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 30th June, 2018 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs in the last five (5) years including Letter of Awards, Valuation Certificates and Job Completion Certificate;
- Company Profile with Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) of professional staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their professional qualifications;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project including Bank Statement and Reference Letter from reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- No Bidder should bid for more than two (2) lots.
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of ownership/lease.
- Minimum turnover for Lots 1 and 2 is ₦100million and Lots 3 and 4 is ₦20million.
- SUBMISSION OF PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The Prequalification documents should be spiral bound with table of contents and page numbering in the order of the requirements listed above and packaged in an envelope and should be clearly marked “PREQUALIFICATION …State the Lot Number and Lot Title…“ at the top left corner of the envelope with the company’s name written on the reverse side of the envelope.
Bidders are not required to pay for this prequalification. However, those who have already paid as per the first advertisement should apply to the Bursar for refund.
All submissions are to be addressed to the Head, Procurement Unit, University of Jos and dropped in the Tenders Box in Room 94, Administrative Block, Bauchi Road Campus, Jos not later than 12noon of Tuesday, 17th April, 2018.
- OPENING OF PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The documents shall be opened the same day (Tuesday, 17th April, 2018) in the presence of companies’ representatives who choose to attend at the University Senate Chambers at 12noon at the Bauchi Road Campus, Jos.
- PLEASE NOTE
Notwithstanding the submission of the technical information, the University of Jos is neither committed nor obliged to include any company on any bid list.
- Only technically qualified companies shall be invited to attend the Financial Bids/Proposals opening.
- Original documents on any aspect of a Contractor’s submission may be requested for sighting during and/or after the opening session.
- University of Jos reserves the right to verify any claim by the companies. Companies shall therefore include necessary authority and guarantee for such verification; the absence of which will automatically result in the disqualification of such a Contractor/Supplier.
- The University of Jos reserves the right to reject any or all bidding packages.
- GENERAL ENQUIRIES
For enquiries please call 09099596351 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday M. Danjem