UNIVERSITY OF JOS
OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST DOCUMENTS FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF INSURANCE BROKERS AND INSURANCE UNDERWRITERS FOR THE UNIVERSITY’S BUILDINGS, COMMERCIAL/PRIVATE VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT/COMPUTERS
FOR THE YEAR 2022/2023
In compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and other government laws on Public Procurement, the University of Jos - Nigeria wishes to invite interested qualified and competent Insurance Brokers/Underwriters to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for the provision of insurance services for the under-listed University’s facilities/equipment for the year 2022/2023;
- TETFund Buildings (Fire and Special Peril),
- Non-TETFund Buildings (Fire and Special Perils)
- Commercial Vehicles (Comprehensive/Third Party)
- Private Vehicles and Equipment (Comprehensive/Third Party)
- /Computers (All Risk) for the Year 2022/2023.
2.SCOPE OF WORK/DESCRIPTION OF PROJECTS
- Ensuring that the University of Jos benefits adequately and promptly by way of claims assessment and settlement at all time.
- Extending full services that are required of Insurance Brokers/Underwriters to the University of Jos with total adherence to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- The effective period of engagement will be as soon as the procurement processes is completed for both the Insurance Brokers and Insurance.
3. INSURANCE POLICIES
The insurance policies include the following:
- Buildings - Fire and Special Peril
- Commercial/Private Vehicles - Comprehensive/Third Party
- Equipment/Computers - All Risk
4. SELECTION METHOD
Consultant qualification will be used for the selection of the recommended firms for the provision of insurance coverage for the five (5) above listed items
5. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested firms are to submit their Expression of Interest along with the following documents.
- Evidence of company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms C.O.2 and C.O. 7.
- Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring December, 2022
- A Sworn Affidavit disclosing/confirming:
- Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the University of Jos or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder;
- Whether or not the company faces insolvency;
- That no Director of the company has been convicted of any financial crime;
- That the company is not in receivership or subject of same;
- That all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars; and
- Authorization to verify the documents
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs in the last five (5) years including Letters of Engagement.
- Company Profile with Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) of professional staff including copies of their professional qualifications.
- Evidence of financial capability to provide the services by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria or statement of your company account.
- All documents for submission (Expression of Interest) shall be submitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper. The Letterhead paper must reflect amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Locational Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must also bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
6. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested firms are to submit two (2) spiral-bound hard copies (Original and Copy) of the Expression of Interest Documents packaged in two separate envelopes and marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE PROVISION OF INSURANCE BROKER/UNDERWRITER SERVICES ...insert the policy/insurance cover... FOR THE YEAR 2022/2023” should be put in a bigger envelope and addressed to The Head of Procurement Unit, University of Jos with the company’s name written on the reverse side of the SEALED envelope and must be dropped in the designated Tender Box in Room 01, Procurement Unit, ‘X’ Wing, Third Floor, Administrative/Senate Building, Naraguta Campus, Jos not later than 12:00noon on Thursday, 3rd November, 2022
The Expression of Interest Documents shall be opened immediately after the deadline for the submission at 12:00noon on Thursday, 3rd November, 2022 in the presence of companies’ representatives who may choose to attend at the Procurement Unit Conference Room, 3rd Floor, ‘X’ Wing, Naraguta Campus, University of Jos. For enquiries e-mail email@example.com.
8. PLEASE NOTE
- Failure to prepare your submission in line the 5.0 above will result in outright disqualification of the company.
- Only highest ranked pre-qualified firm at the expression of interest (EOI) evaluation will be invited at a later date for the next stage of bidding (Submission of Technical and Financial proposal);
- Original documents on any aspect of a companies’ submission may be requested for sighting during and/or after the opening session.
- The University of Jos reserves the right to verify any claim by the companies. Companies shall, therefore, include necessary authority and guarantee for such verification; the absence of which will automatically result in the disqualification of such a company.
- The University of Jos reserves the right to reject any or all bidding packages.
- Kindly note that the Insurance Brokers/Underwriters shall be selected based on the merit of their submissions/qualification and payment will be in line with NAICOM guidelines on these policies.
Mrs. Nanzok Bukata Dick-Dyel
Ag. Head of Procurement Unit/Secretary, Tenders Board
for: Vice-Chancellor/Chairman, Tenders Board