UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, NIGERIA
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
To: The General Public
Date: 28th April 2021
RE: 2021 PRESIDENTIAL VISITATION PANEL TO THE UNIVERSITY OF JOS
CALL FOR MEMORANDA
The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR has constituted Visitation Panels to 38 Federal Universities and Inter-University Centres.
The seven-man Visitation Panel to the University of Jos chaired by Prof. Olu Obafemi hereby calls for Memoranda from the General Public which is to be addressed to: The Secretary, 2012 Presidential Visitation Panel to the University of Jos and e-mailed to: email@example.com for the periods (2011-2015) and (2016-2020) respectively. The written Memoranda which should be in 12 copies is to be submitted in both hard and soft copies in line with the Terms of Reference (TOR) of the Panel which has earlier been sent to you but is still attached below.
The submission of Memoranda to the Visitation Panel is with effect from Wednesday, 28th April, 2021 to Wednesday, 12th May, 2021.
All interested persons are advised to comply with the deadline of submission indicated above.
This supersedes our earlier memo Ref. No. R/ACA/UI/88/Vol.II dated 26th April, 2021.
Chief Monday M. Danjem
Chairman, Visitation Panel
Secretary, Visitation Panel
Other Principal Officers
Deputy Registrar (Information & Publications)
2021 PRESIDENTIAL VISITATION PANEL TO THE UNIVESITY OF JOS, JOS
phone no 0805-961-2436, 0703-556-3708
REQUEST FOR MEMORANDA FOR THE PERIOD
A (2011-2015) & B (2016-2020)
The President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Mohammedu Buhari, GCFR has set up a seven-man Visitation Panel to the University of Jos, chaired by Prof. Olu Obafemi, FNAL, NNOM. Subsequently, the panel was inaugurated by The Honourable Minister, Mallam Adamu Adamu on Tuesday, 13 April, 2012 at the Auditorium of National University Commission (NUC) in Abuja.
2 The Panel has 60 days to complete the assignment with effect from 22 April, 2021 to 22nd June, 2021. The Terms of Reference (TOR) of the Visitation panel are to;
- Inquire into the level of implementation of the white paper on the last Visitation report, covering 2006-2010;
- Look into the leadership quality of the University, in terms the roles of the Governing Councils, the Vice-Chancellors and other Principal officers;
- Examine the financial management of the institution, including Statutory Allocations and Internally Generated Revenue over the period under investigation and determine its level of compliance with appropriate regulations
- Investigate the application of funds, particularly the special grants and loans meant for specific projects in order to determine the status of such projects and their relevance for further funding;
- To examine the adequacy of staffing and staff development programmes of the University;
- Determine the relationship between the University and the various statutory bodies it interacts with according to its Law for the purposes of Supervision, planning, finance, discipline, guidance and any other relationship (i.e.) Governing Council, NUC, and the Federal Ministry of Education (FME);
- Scrutinise the Law establishing the University, including the relationship Between the various internal organs, units and offices and indicate the way the laws have been observed by the competent authority, offering suggestions of any necessary modifications to the law;
- Trace the historical evolution of the University and take stock of its net Achievement and problems as well as its style and direction;
- Examine the general security in the University showing how the University has dealt with and recommend appropriate measures; and
- Examine the process and structures of discipline of students in the University in line with due process and the rule of law.;
3. The University community, staff, students and the general public are hereby
Invited to submit Twelve (12) copies of written memoranda both in soft and hard
Format in line with the above Terms of Reference (TOR).
4. All memoranda should be addressed to the Secretary, 2012 Presidential Visitation Panel University of Jos and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for the periods (2011-2015) and (2016-2021). The submission must contain full name, phone number, e-mail address and should be done between 10.00am and 4.00pm daily at the Visitation Panel Secretariat, University of Jos.
5. Please accept the assurances of the Chairman's high regards and consideration.
Dr. Umoeka, E J.
for: Chairman Visitation Panel Unijos