UNIVERSITY OF JOS
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE REMODELING OF WEBSITE & PROVISION OF TRAINING UNDER THE YEARS 2016/2017/2018 (MERGED) TERTIARY EDUCATION TRUST FUND INTERVENTION IN ICT SUPPORT AND INVITATION TO BID FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE OFFICE OF PREVENTIVE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION UNDER THE NHIS/TSHIP FUND
In compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007, the University of Jos - Nigeria intends to execute the under-listed services to be funded under the above-mentioned intervention. Interested and competent Contractors/ Service providers are therefore invited to submit proposals in respect of the projects:
YEARS 2016/2017/2018 (MERGED) TERTIARY EDUCATION TRUST FUND INTERVENTION IN ICT SUPPORT
Collaboration to Remodel the University of Jos Website to conform with the New Features, Structure and TETfund guidelines
Provision of Training for Teaching and Non-Teaching staff of the University to improve their computer awareness and use of ICT tools to provide conducive Teaching and Learning Environment
Construction of the Office of Prevention and Environmental Sanitation at Naraguta Campus
- SCOPE OF WORK/DESCRIPTION OF PROJECTS
- LOT 1: COLLABORATION TO REMODEL THE UNIVERSITY OF JOS WEBSITE TO CONFORM WITH THE NEW FEATURES, STRUCTURE AND TETFUND GUIDELINES
The Project involves:
- Website restructuring, Website design, CMS Setup, Provision of Security for the Website, Back up, Templates, Themes and Dynamic Content Module, adoption of WordPress Content.
- Content migration of all existing contents and resources to a new WordPress Website Platform
- Testing of the Restructured Website in the presence of all stakeholders
- Hosting of the Website for one (1) year.
- Technical Training on Drupal CMS
- Twelve (12) months support after commissioning
- LOT 2: PROVISIONS OF TRAINING FOR SOME TEACHING AND NON-TEACHING STAFF OF THE UNIVERSITY TO IMPROVE THEIR COMPUTER AWARENESS AND USE OF ICT TOOLS TO PROVIDE CONDUCIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
The Project involves:
- Training of some Non-Teaching Staff on computer essentials, Word Processing, Spreadsheet and online Essentials for five (5) days.
- Training of some Academic Staff on presentation using databases, online Collaboration, IT Security, Project Planning, Digital Marketing and ICT Education for five (5) days.
- LOT 3: CONSTRUCTION OF THE OFFICE OF PREVENTION AND ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION AT NARAGUTA CAMPUS
The Project involves the construction of a 4No. office bungalow building. The construction is basically made up of masonry sandcrete block and mortar.
The Roof is of wooden truss covered with 0.55mm gauge long-span Aluminum roofing sheets. Doors are of purpose-made steel while windows are of powder-coated tower aluminium frames and panels.
Floor finish shall be a combination of terrazzo and glazed vitrified ceramic tiles finish on cement sand mix bed.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested Contractors/Service Providers are to submit their Technical Documents/Proposal along with the following documents.
- Evidence of company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms C.O.2 and C.O. 7.
- Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2019.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2019.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2019.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2019.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 01/01/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- A Sworn Affidavit disclosing/confirming:
- Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the University of Jos or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder;
- Whether or not the company faces insolvency;
- That no Director of the company has been convicted of any financial crime;
- That the company is not in receivership or subject of same;
- That all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars; and
- Certificate of Certification of the firm/company and the proposed facilitators by ICDL – Lot 2 only.
- Authorization to verify the documents
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award and Job Completion Certificate(s) or payment details for on-going projects.
- Company Profile with Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) of professional staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their professional qualifications as a Certified ICDL Expert/Trainer for the applicable lot.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed or statement of your company account.
- All documents for submission (Technical and Financial Proposal/Document) shall be submitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Locational Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm. The covering Letter shall be in the format provided in the Standard Request for Proposal that will be given to you on payment of the processing fee. Any Contrary shall amount to disqualification.
- COLLECTION OF BIDDING DOCUMENTS/ STANDARD REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The Bidding Documents/Standard Request for Proposal are to be collected by all interested bidders in the Procurement Unit, Room 06, ‘X’ Wing, Third Floor, Administrative/Senate Building, Naraguta Campus, University of Jos on the presentation of receipt of payment of a non-refundable fee of ₦10,000.00 per lot.
i) Generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number online in favour of University of Jos via www.remita.net and ensure you select “TENDER FEES” for ‘Name of Service/Purpose’.
ii) Visit any Commercial Bank with the RRR form for payment.
iii) Submit the print-out receipt of payment at the Bursary Department for confirmation.
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit the two (2) spiral-bound hard copies (Original and Copy) of both the Technical and the Financial Documents/Proposal packaged in two separate envelopes and marked “TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS/PROPOSAL FOR …insert lot title and number….” and “FINANCIAL BID FOR …insert lot title and number….” should be put in a bigger envelope and addressed to The Head of Procurement Unit, University of Jos with the company’s name written on the reverse side of the SEALED envelope and must be dropped in the designated Tender Box in Room 01, Procurement Unit, ‘X’ Wing, Third Floor, Administrative/Senate Building, Naraguta Campus, Jos not later than 12:00noon on Tueday, 24th March 2020.
- OPENING OF TECHNICAL BID
The Technical Documents/Proposal shall be opened immediately after the deadline for the submission at 12:00noon on Tuesday, 24th March 2020 in the presence of companies’ representatives who may choose to attend at the Procurement Unit Conference Room, 3rd Floor, ‘X’ Wing, Naraguta Campus, University of Jos. For enquiries e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE NOTE
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for the Opening of Financial Bids/Proposal;
- Original documents on any aspect of a Contractor’s submission may be requested for sighting during and/or after the opening session.
- The University of Jos reserves the right to verify any claim by the companies. Companies shall, therefore, include necessary authority and guarantee for such verification; the absence of which will automatically result in the disqualification of such a Contractor/Service Provider.
- The University of Jos reserves the right to reject any or all bidding packages.
Chief Monday Danjem