UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, NIGERIA
Office of the Registrar
A.P. Leventis Ornithological Research Institute (APLORI)
University of Jos Biological Conservatory, Laminga, Jos-East LGA,
P.O. Box 13404 Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Conservation Biology 2018/2019 Academic Session
The School of Postgraduate Studies of the University of Jos runs a 12-month Masters Programme in Conservation Biology in the Department of Zoology. The programme covers the various aspects of theory and practice of biodiversity conservation, including the ecologic-economic and scientific basis for conservation. It also exposes students to field practical experiences and builds their capacity to design and execute sound scientific research works in conservation biology. Although students undertake ecological studies in various aspects of biodiversity conservation, emphasis is often on Ornithology.
APLORI’s academic authority resides in the Faculty of Natural Sciences of the University of Jos. The Institute was established 2001 as a training and research outfit. It is located at the Amurum Forest Reserve in Laminga, Jos East LGA in a serene environment that is very conducive for teaching, learning and research. APLORI has teaching and research affiliation with a number of foreign Universities and International Environmental Organizations. A 24-hour power supply and reliable internet connection ensures high intellectual productivity among staff and students of the Institute. Students admitted into APLORI’s M.Sc. programme usually enjoy some form of scholarship award.
The course is designed for young Nigerian Biological Scientists with a craving for carrier opportunities in conservation of renewable natural resources.
Admission is opened to all holders of at least a Bachelor of Science Degree SECOND CLASS HONOURS (Lower Division) from a recognized University, in any of the following disciplines: Zoology, Biology, Botany, Forestry and / or Wildlife, Wildlife Management or any Environmental Sciences.
Method of Application
To purchase the online application form, all aspiring candidates should do the following:
- Step 1 – Create account
- Visit mis.unijos.edu.ng
- Scroll down to select Application Forms and click Create Account. Fill in the fields provided and Click submit to create an account
- Log in to your email and check for the verification mail sent
- Click on Verify to verify the account created and to select the programme
- Note the application form number generated and proceed to step 2
- Step 2 – Pay for application form
- To pay for the application form, visit
- Click “Pay a Federal Government Agency”
- Name of MDA – type “University of Jos
- ”Type of Service/Purpose – Select “PG APPLICATION FORM”
- Fill other details to generate and note the payment reference number (RRR) and pay the fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only application form fee using any of the available channels such as Bank Branch, Internet Banking, Debit (ATM) Cards, etc.
- Step 3 – Continue Registration
- Visit mis.unijos.edu.ng
- Scroll down to select Application Forms. Click Continue Registration and log in with your email and password to continue filling out the online application form.
- Carefully fill out and save each tab. Also ensure that you upload the required credentials and certificates in pdf format.
- After filling out all the tabs, click Complete Application to submit the application.
- Download, print and transmit the Transcript Request Form for your transcript to your university to process, with the address of department of your choice. The hard copy of your transcript should be sent directly to the department of your choice, and not to the School of Postgraduate studies.
- Only valid and functional email address and phone number should be used. All further correspondence will be done through the email address and phone number provided.
- Referees forms are sent electronically. You must therefore provide referees’ valid and functional email addresses and phone numbers. Note that once the referee form is correctly completed, it will automatically go to the relevant department
- Corrections on personal information or change of course after completion of application form may attract a fee. Therefore, ensure the online form is carefully and correctly completed.
For more information contact us on 09033655620. Completed application forms together with an application letter containing the Applicant’s email address and telephone number must be returned to the institute before 31st January, 2019. Applications that do not contain all the requisite materials will not be processed. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a combined written and oral interview. Please contact us at for further enquiries.
Mr Monday M. Danjem